Since 1953 Diabetes Victoria has been the leading charity and peak consumer body working to reduce the impact of diabetes.
Diabetes Victoria’s mission is to support, empower and campaign for all Victorians affected by, or at risk of, diabetes in Victoria.
Above all, we value and respect the lived experience of Victorians affected by diabetes. This is at the core of everything we do.
Our work covers type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes, as well as programs for people at risk.
(You can also watch this video in Arabic, Vietnamese and Mandarin)
We are committed to minimising the impact of diabetes in the community, helping all people affected by diabetes and contributing to the search for a cure. This includes:
- Providing support and education for Victorian children, adults and families affected by diabetes (type 1, type 2 or gestational diabetes).
- Providing support and education for Victorians indirectly affected by diabetes (parents and carers).
- Raising awareness of diabetes and promoting the prevention and early detection of type 2 diabetes.
- Funding research to discover better treatments and, hopefully, a cure for all types of diabetes.
- Providing guidance and support for health professionals.
Thanks to the generosity of our caring community of members and supporters who help fund our diabetes education, awareness activities and research.